• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Over View - Your Daily News Source
  • Home
  • News
    • Business
    • Politics
    • Science
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Health
    • Fashion
  • Entertainment
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
  • Tech
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Business
    • Politics
    • Science
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Health
    • Fashion
  • Entertainment
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
  • Tech
No Result
View All Result
Over View - Your Daily News Source
No Result
View All Result
Home Entertainment Sports

Former UFC title challenger reacts to recent release following ‘I’ll be the best Uber driver’ comment

admin by admin
May 20, 2026
in Sports
0
Former UFC title challenger reacts to recent release following ‘I’ll be the best Uber driver’ comment
0
SHARES
2
VIEWS

Mayra Bueno Silva thanked the UFC for changing her life after being removed from the roster.

After suffering her fourth consecutive loss last November, Bueno Silva knew her back was up against the wall heading into her first fight of 2026.

Bueno Silva battled a tough weigh-in before losing a unanimous decision to Michelle Montague last month at the Apex in Las Vegas.

While her comments after the loss addressed her critics, her latest message was all positive following the news that she’s no longer a part of the promotion’s roster.

  • LATEST NEWS: UFC passed on Ronda Rousey’s comeback because they don’t believe it’s good for MMA says TKO president

If you were Dana White, who’s the first fighter you’d cut from the UFC roster?

Dana White attends the UFC 319 pre-fight press conference in August, 2025.

Dana White attends the UFC 319 pre-fight press conference in August, 2025. Credit: Mike Roach/Zuffa LLC

Mayra Bueno Silva thanks the UFC following the end of her eight-year run in the promotion

Alongside Colby Covington being removed from the roster after informing the promotion of his decision to retire, Mayra Bueno Silva’s UFC run also came to an end.

Bueno Silva thanked UFC matchmaker Mick Maynard when sharing her reaction to this news via her Instagram story, sharing one video in Portuguese and one in English.

“I want to say thank you Mick Maynard for all the support, for eight years in the UFC. Thank you so much. You changed my life and my family’s,” she said. “Thank you everybody for all the support, I promise everybody I’ll be back strong.”

‘Sheetara’ previously challenged for the vacant women’s bantamweight title in a clash with Raquel Pennington after Amanda Nunes vacated the belt when she retired.

With her victory over Holly Holm to earn this title shot being overturned after she tested positive for ritalinic acid, the 34-year-old hasn’t secured a win since she submitted Lina Lansberg back in February, 2023.

  • LATEST NEWS: ‘You guys spew garbage’… Mike Perry blasts ‘shameless’ critics of his TKO win over Nate Diaz

Raquel Pennington and Mayra Bueno Silva interact following their UFC 297 title fight

Photo by Vaughn Ridley/Getty Images

Following her loss in April, Bueno Silva said on Instagram that she looked at what online critics were saying about her.

She called out the “bunch of losers” being negative about her and reminded them that she’s already made it in life thanks to her determination.

“Then I see all these people asking for me to be fired, wanting me to get fired,” Bueno Silva hit back. “And let me tell you, if I do get fired, do you know what will happen if I end up working as an Uber driver? I’ll be the best Uber driver in Brazil.”

Join Our Newsletter

Receive a digest of our best Bloody Elbow content each week direct to your mailbox

Read More

Previous Post

Conor McGregor one of only 2 fighters with 100 punch power in UFC 6 as he beats Ilia Topuria

Next Post

Bipartisan Senate duo unveils sweeping antisemitism bill

Next Post
Bipartisan Senate duo unveils sweeping antisemitism bill

Bipartisan Senate duo unveils sweeping antisemitism bill

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme.

No Result
View All Result
  • Entertainment
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
  • Lifestyle
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Travel
    • Food
  • News
    • Business
    • Politics
    • Science
  • Tech

© 2026 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme.