• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Over View - Your Daily News Source
  • Home
  • News
    • Business
    • Politics
    • Science
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Health
    • Fashion
  • Entertainment
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
  • Tech
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Business
    • Politics
    • Science
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Health
    • Fashion
  • Entertainment
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
  • Tech
No Result
View All Result
Over View - Your Daily News Source
No Result
View All Result
Home Entertainment Sports

Dodgers president says team is ‘not for sale’ amid growing fan concerns after Mark Walter’s Lakers deal

admin by admin
August 22, 2026
in Sports
0
Dodgers president says team is ‘not for sale’ amid growing fan concerns after Mark Walter’s Lakers deal
0
SHARES
1
VIEWS

Walter sold the Lakers for $12.5 billion earlier this month — a mere 14 months after purchasing the franchise

            Mike Axisa

Aug 22, 2026

at

11:17 am ET

•

1 min read

Speculation about the future of the Los Angeles Dodgers has surfaced as owner Mark Walter, CEO of Guggenheim Partners, faces scrutiny from federal prosecutors and the Securities and Exchange Commission regarding potential loan fraud. He is also the CEO of TWG Global, a diversified holding company that is the subject of federal investigations.

Walter recently agreed to sell the Los Angeles Lakers for $12.5 billion just one year after purchasing the team for $10 billion. He is also reportedly looking to sell his stake in Premier League club Chelsea F.C. On Friday, Dodgers president Stan Kasten attempted to quell speculation about the future of the team and said flatly the franchise will not be sold. 

“The Dodgers are not being sold. They’re not for sale. There’s no process that has been started to sell it, period. We are planning only to win,” Kasten said (via the Associated Press). “… I can’t tell you how important the Dodgers are to Mark. The Lakers thing? The Lakers were important to him too, but it’s kind of an extraordinary opportunity, which he took.”

Shohei Ohtani’s contract includes a “key man” clause that allows him to opt out and become a free agent if Walter or Andrew Friedman, the club’s president of baseball operations, leaves the team.

Could Mark Walter sell the Dodgers next? Why Shohei Ohtani makes a potential deal more complicated than Lakers

Mike Axisa

Could Mark Walter sell the Dodgers next? Why Shohei Ohtani makes a potential deal more complicated than Lakers

Walter, 66, is based in Chicago. Guggenheim purchased the Dodgers for a then-record $2.15 billion in 2012. Walter is not believed to be exploring sales for his other sports properties, which include the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks, the Professional Women’s Hockey League, and TWG Motorsports. He is cooperating with the investigations.

Under Guggenheim, the Dodgers have won three World Series championships (2020, 2024-25) plus two other National League pennants (2017-18). 

Los Angeles has baseball’s second-best record at 78-51. They are on track to win their 13th NL West title in 14 years under Guggenheim.

Read More

Previous Post

Fantasy football rankings 2026: Sleepers from simulation that called De’Von Achane’s amazing year

Next Post

Alabama names Keelon Russell starting QB: Why former 5-star could raise Crimson Tide’s ceiling

Next Post
Alabama names Keelon Russell starting QB: Why former 5-star could raise Crimson Tide’s ceiling

Alabama names Keelon Russell starting QB: Why former 5-star could raise Crimson Tide's ceiling

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

© 2026 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme.

No Result
View All Result
  • Entertainment
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
  • Lifestyle
    • Fashion
    • Health
    • Travel
    • Food
  • News
    • Business
    • Politics
    • Science
  • Tech

© 2026 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme.