Step up your cardio fitness this Black Friday with treadmill deals on some of the best treadmills on the market. Bowflex and NordicTrack treadmills are more affordable than ever, both usually retailing close to $3000 and reduced by over 45% for this pre-Christmas sales event.
We’ve put many of these discounted models to the test ourselves and can give them the Live Science stamp of approval. These treadmills are a great way to improve your cardio fitness at home, with many brands offering folding or under-desk options to save on space.
We’ve considered a variety of needs, including fitness goals and budget when choosing these deals, and have rounded them up below so you don’t have to dig through the sales yourself. Some of these brands are low in stock, however, so it’s worth snapping up a good deal when you see it.
The likes of Amazon, Best Buy, Target and Walmart are constantly trying to outdo each other in these big sales events, so it’s a great time to invest and upgrade your fitness routine. You’ll also find great deals on accessories to compliment your new treadmill, with the best running watches and the best running headphones helping you to tick off the miles faster.
- See all the deals at Amazon US (opens in new tab)
- Head to the Walmart website to see their treadmill deals (opens in new tab)
- Check out Lowe’s selection of treadmill deals (opens in new tab)
- Take a look at BestBuy’s top deals on treadmills (opens in new tab)
Which treadmill deal is right for you?
When it comes to finding the right treadmill for you, it’s important to take the following factors into consideration:
- Space: How much room do you have? Can you use it correctly and safely in your home? Check the footprint of your chosen treadmill carefully and measure out the space in your home before committing to buy. A folding treadmill is ideal for storing away when not in use. A word of warning – don’t place your treadmill with the end of the running belt close to a wall – if you come off it you could be injured.
- Budget: If you’re just embarking on a brand new exercise routine, it may be tempting to buy a treadmill that’s packed with features. But they don’t come cheap. Try opting for a cheaper treadmill at first and see how you get on with it, before committing to a top-end model. You’ll still get a great workout.
- Features: Do you want to improve your stamina and endurance? A treadmill with a good incline is a must. Aiming to increase your speed? You’ll need a good range of levels and a challenging top speed. Get bored easily during a run? You may prefer an option with a range of workouts, personalized training, or Bluetooth connectivity so you can watch movies or listen to music while you train.
- Your height and weight: It’s always worth checking the small print before you buy. Many treadmills come with a maximum weight capacity, and others are designed for people under 6ft. If you’re over 6 feet tall then you’ll need a treadmill that’s at least 48” by 52” for walking and 54” for running.
- Noise: While most treadmills run fairly quietly, it’s a good idea to check the specification and reviews of your chosen model – just in case. This is especially important if you live in an apartment building, or you like to run late at night or early in the morning.
Treadmills on sale
NordicTrack X22i treadmill deal
Best treadmill overall
Dimensions: 81” x 39” x 76” | Weight: 505lbs (in-box weight) | Tread belt size: 22” x 60” | Max user weight: 297lbs / 135kg | Display: 22” HD touchscreen | Speed: 0-12mph | Incline: -5 – 40% | Other features: Bluetooth connectivity, dual speakers, Runners Flex cushioning, 30-day iFit Family Membership
Great incline and decline range
Needs iFit subscription
This top-rated model packs in all the features you need to raise your fitness game and get the most fun out of your running session.
With a comfortable tread belt size of 22” x 60”, a 22” HD touchscreen, and cushioning built into the belt, the NordicTrack X22i feels gym-quality, despite being an at-home treadmill.
The superb incline range spans from -5% to 40%, while it has a top speed of 12mph. An accompanying iFit app is home to hundreds of workouts, tailored to your fitness level or goals. The tilt-and-pivot touchscreen is sharp, responsive, and easy to navigate.
Despite its heft and powerful 4.0 CHP motor, the NordicTrack X22i is surprisingly quiet, making it an excellent choice if you like running late or early, and don’t want to disturb the household.
It may be one of the most expensive options out there, but for what it offers, we think this treadmill is an investment worth making.
Horizon Fitness T101 treadmill deal
Horizon Fitness T101
Best budget treadmill
Dimensions: 70″ x 34″ x 55″ | Weight: 165lbs / 74kg | Max user weight: 300lbs / 136kg | Tread belt size: 20” x 55” | Display: No screen | Speed: 0-10mph | Incline: 0-10% | Other features: Dual grip heart rate monitoring, 30 inbuilt workouts, Bluetooth speakers, rapid-charge USB charging port, headphone jack, one-touch controls, fan, foldable
Not suitable for taller / heavier people
A brilliant entry-level treadmill for anyone new to indoor running, the Horizon Fitness T101 is affordable and compact. You can fold it away when you’re not using it, which is handy if you’re short on space at home.
Despite its low price tag, the Horizon Fitness T101 boats a 10% incline, which should pose enough of a challenge to get your heart racing and your muscles working. It also comes with a host of workouts built in, so there are plenty of options to get you started on your fitness journey.
A Bluetooth speaker system means that you can play your favorite tunes while you work up a sweat, while a lifetime warranty of the frame and motor gives extra peace of mind.
A word of warning though: taller people may have trouble getting a good stride length on the shorter tread belt. It’s also not recommended for heavier people, long-distance running, or interval training. But if you’re average height and build, and you want a decent, affordable treadmill for moderate runs, it’s a smart choice.
Peloton Tread treadmill deal
Best premium treadmill
Dimensions: 173cm L x 84cm W x 157cm | Weight: 291lbs / 132kg | Tread size: 150cm x 50cm | Max user weight: 304lbs / 136kg | Display: 23.8” HD touchscreen | Speed: 0-12.5mph (20kph) | Incline: 0-12.5% grade (no decline) | Other features: Bluetooth 5.0 compatibility, Tread Lock (prevents unauthorized access), 16 GB internal flash storage, front-facing stereo speakers, 2.2 Channel with rear-facing woofers, USB-C charging port, 3.5 mm headphone jack
Crisp HD touchscreen
Huge array of live and on-demand classes
Doesn’t fold or decline
Peloton is the go-to brand for premium fitness equipment, and the Peloton Tread is no exception. With a sleek, black and red minimalist design, this is a robust and sturdy treadmill that ticks all the boxes. The 23.8” HD touchscreen is easy to navigate and offers a great viewing experience, from your favorite movies to fitness workouts and virtual runs.
The jewel in Peloton’s crown is its thousands of live and on-demand classes. You can access all these and much more via the Peloton app, as well as a host of workouts, such as HIIT training, yoga, stretching and more. Or choose from a range of scenic walks and runs.
The design, though minimalist, is efficient and helpful A red line through the length of the running belt helps keep your feet aligned correctly, while the touchscreen is speedily responsive. Controls are sited on the right and left rails, making adjustments effortless during a run.
With speeds of up to 12mph and a 12.5% incline, the Peloton can help you run harder and faster, and it delivers on style too.
UMAY Portable Under Desk treadmill deal
UMAY Portable Under Desk treadmill
Best treadmill for office use
Weight limit: : 198lbs | Dimensions: 57.9” x 23.6” x 8.9” | Running belt: : 45.3” x 16.1” | Programs: 12 | Max speed: : 4 mph | Motor: : 1.5HP | Foldable:
Compact and quiet
Stows under desk or sofa
Time limit on warranty
Designed for walking and light jogging, the lightweight UMAY Portable Under Desk treadmill is great for home offices and people short of space. It has a shock-absorbing surface that’s designed to be easy on the joints, a durable steel frame and a wireless remote control feature. One of the main downsides is that you can’t go too fast on this treadmill, as the speed limit is just 4mph. However, you can still work up a good sweat by speed walking or light jogging, making this treadmill great for heart health and improving overall cardiovascular fitness.