Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the web to help you learn what’s next.
- Retirement and burnout are causing a lot of healthcare workers to leave medicine – More than 300K healthcare providers dropped out of the workforce in 2021, report finds (Fierce Healthcare)
- Improving your practice starts at the front desk – 4 ways streamlining front office operations can drive revenue for your practice (Physicians Practice)
- Going from residency to fellowship but have a few months to spare? – Using locum tenens to transition to fellowship (Locumstory)
- Physicians are highly regarded at work … and in politics? – Tired of being a physician? Run for Congress (Medical Economics)
- Patients are avoiding care due to fears about insurance coverage – 41% of Americans with insurance avoided medical care for fear it wouldn’t cover costs (Managed Healthcare Executive)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. Grabl has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years. CompHealth is part of the CHG Healthcare family of companies.