Rapping along to your favorite songs is a workout in itself. Rapping while working out is a surefire way to be left breathless—but you may have no choice with this playlist of old-school classics and recent hits.
Hip-hop is my favorite genre for working out because it invigorates me to push through that last mile, cycle up that hill, and give a cardio dance session my all. And that’s exactly how this playlist was designed. Whether it’s a HIIT routine or a powerlifting session, these songs will keep you hyped until the very end.
If you listen to these songs in the order I put them in, you’ll get a range of high-energy tunes back to back to raise your heart rate, followed by one to two calmer songs to give you a few moments of rest before the tempo picks up again. Having said that, in the spirit of the genre, you should feel free to remix as you see fit.
Along with newer releases, like “Tempo” by Lizzo and “Poke It Out” by Wale, I’ve included a few of my favorite ’90s and early 2000s classics, like SNAP!’s “I Got the Power” and “Boom Boom Pow” by the Black Eyed Peas. Browse the playlist on Spotify below, or keep scrolling to see the complete track list. Let’s go!
- “Level Up” by Ciara
- “Push It” by Salt-N-Pepa
- “Apesh*t” by The Carters
- “Cheese & Wine” by DPR Live
- “Lose Control” by Missy Elliott feat. Ciara & Fat Man Scoop
- “DNA.” by Kendrick Lamar
- “Feel Good Inc.” by Gorillaz
- “Poke It Out” by Wale feat. J. Cole
- “Hello B*tches” by CL
- “Bang Bang Bang” by BIGBANG
- “Boom Boom Pow” by Black Eyed Peas
- “Sicko Mode” by Travis Scott
- “The Way You Move” by Outkast feat. Sleepy Brown
- “Work It” by Missy Elliott
- “Get Into It (Yuh)” by Doja Cat
- “How You Like That” by Blackpink
- “Tempo” by Lizzo (feat. Missy Elliott)
- “Pon de Replay” by Rihanna
- “Turn Down for What” by DJ Snake and Lil John
- “Party Up” by DMX
- “The Power” by SNAP!